linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Blueberry Almond Cobbler - gluten, dairy, sugar free

This is a recipe cobbled together from my love of recipe creating and the call for a wheat, dairy, and processed sugar free dessert one day.

It was unanimously voted edible, much to my relief, and I've even heard tales of it's even being dubbed delectable.  

Remember, if trying it's worth for yourself, that the below measurements are only approximate (and the ratio should fill one 9x13 baking pan) - I hardly ever measure anything when cooking, and never when going freestyle.

At times this is to my advantage, and at others... Well.  Learning from your own mistakes is the most effective way, right?  

Of course right!
Gluten, Dairy, Sugar free 
Blueberry Almond Cobbler

5 C. rolled oats, soaked in equal parts water + 1 tsp. lemon juice overnight. (this step reduces the level of phytic acid in the oats and makes them the perfect consistency for a crust)
3/4 C. raw honey
3/4 C. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. cinnamon
2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

4 C. blueberries
2 C. chopped almonds
1/2 C. raw honey


Mix blueberries, almonds, and 1/2 C honey together and set aside.  Combine all other ingredients and pour in a baking dish, spreading blueberry mixture over the top.  Bake at 350 for approx... let's say 20 minutes. Our propane regulator is acting up and it took mine, well... two hours to bake.  Yes.  I think twenty minutes should do it.  But don't pick up a good book, because you may not be able to put it down in time.  I wonder how I know that.

Remove from oven.
Stack the forks, pull out the plates, and call the gang over!

Or just curl up with an excellently large book on a rainy day and skip that last step.  You're set for hours.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Kellie,
    This desert looks absolutely divine! I am not one to go for the super sweet, ful of carbs deserts, and thus I could be tantalized by your creation because of that reason. But I must say, your presentation is delightful, and very tempting... Hmm. I foresee some baking happening around here soon!

    Can't wait to sample a bite!

    Love in Christ,

    Jessica Boyer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! Mmmmmmm, with a cup of Pumpkin Spice Coffee...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kellie,

    I found your blog through a friend across the states, and spent some time perusing your blog after your "spa" picked my curiosity. Your photos are lovely and peaceful, and your country beautiful, breathtaking, and... familiar? Yes very familiar. We live just 15 minutes north of that cheerful little town ourselves! Off grid in the mountains ironing out the kinks of the "simple" life HA!
    Your recipe looks just the thing for a yummy breakfast. I think we'll try it with some of the summer's Huckleberry stash.

    It has been a pleasure to make your acquaintance friend!
    Perhaps one day a hot coffee visit is in order :-)

    ~Analene

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cobbler sounds really good! I think I might just try that sometime.:) Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that looks really good! Except the blueberry's. Blueberry's and I... we don't get along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious!
    I just started following you and wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the sunshine blogger award on my blog. :) You may have already been nominated, so I apologize if you've been told this before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kellie,
    I hope you are having a wonderful day! Just to let you know, I nominated you for the “Versatile Blogger Award”. :) You can see it here http://headinthecloudsandpeninhand.blogspot.com/.

    Lady Eowyn

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...