linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Vintage Vogue for Marrion

This was a special project for a longtime friend and neighbor, Marrion.  She was my coach when our Horse Bowl team went to the World Quarter Horse show in Oklahoma in '08 to compete.
Now she'll be wearing this fetching frock as the Mother of the Bride for her daughter's fast approaching wedding.

I finished Little Dorrit (third time through) over the blind hem and was left in a state of utter emotional drainage, as anyone who's read that intricately woven tale would understand.  Bleak House commenced while pinning lace into the collar section (which I hand drafted, as the pattern piece evidently went the same way as Jeremiah Flintwinch, though what it had to gain by that hasty exit I'm sure I don't know), and Mr. Guppy quickly restored my generally favorable view of humanity.  

What's your favorite literary listening?  I'm always on the lookout for excellent audiobooks!

11 comments:

  1. Such a lovely print! It's so vintage and soooon gorgeous.

    http://www.katielikeme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Kellie! The collar is delightful. Love the details on that!
    This is going to be a wonderful mother-of-the-bride dress. So classy! And stylish, too.
    You should offer it as a style on your Etsy shop! It's so pretty and perfectly summery. I bet there are lots of ladies who would like a similar look for future summers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely dress and great choice in listening material! I often look up Librivox when I'm hankering to listen to the classics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!

    And little Dorrit is fast becoming my favorite dickens. It is SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress has Marrion written all over it...well, not really, but give me time and a crayon. ;) It's so her! Love it, especially the belt.

    And Mr. Guppy never fails to make me smile:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning dress, Kellie! The detail work is breathtaking and that fabric is so darling. Wonderful work! I am sure Marrion will be thrilled to wear such a unique and beautiful dress to her daughter's wedding!
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished listening to the entire Anne of Green Gables series. Our library has them. Sooo good.

    Ah Mr. Guppy!! Love him. :)
    Have you read Martin Chuzzlewit? It's really, REALLY good. :)

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marrion is going to look gorgeous in this stunning dress! The colors, collar, belt and other KFD details makes this the perfect one of a kind mother of the bride dress for a one of a kind lady! I can just imagine Marrion on a warm summer day in her backyard for her daughter's wedding. What a perfect dress for a perfect day! If you get a chance, please tell her congratulations and post a photo of her in this lovely dress. I bet right now the "tough" list is growing day by day!! Go Marrion!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is beautiful! Great job! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a beautiful vintage dress! and you have a nice blog dear! mind to check out mine? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. "as the pattern piece evidently went the same way as Jeremiah Flintwinch, though what it had to gain by that hasty exit I'm sure I don't know), and Mr. Guppy quickly restored my generally favorable view of humanity." ...genius.
    I just love reading your blog. It always makes me smile. And laugh, quite out loud I have to say...

    Loved the pictures in this post. Such a sweet dress! Vintage dresses really are the best.
    ♥Emaline
    emalineswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...