linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Friday, February 18, 2011

Keeping it Classy {Day 5}


Bramblewood Fashion
 
 
Today was lovely.
 
It included a gathering of several of my favorite people, over at a friend's home - snuggling on the sofa, snow whirling out the window, with sisters and friends doing needlework while watching the original The Day The Earth Stood Still was sublime.  Playing pit with ten players (we had teams;) while singing This Song over and over, laughing and actually playing the game by turns.  Tramping through the woods together in a wild, impromptu game that could only be described as something between sardines, tag, and indian tracking. . .and snowball war.  The boys thought that one up=)  
Than we all stood in a line in the snow, singing Row, Row, Row your Boat in semi-harmonic rounds.
Two birthdays celebrated, with two scrumptious cakes, was pretty fun too. . .especially as one of them was mine=)
 
And, since we're both participating in Bramblewood Fashion's Keeping it Classy Modest Fashion Week, Tasha and I decided that it would be perfect to take today's picture together!
 

~Ellen, Tasha and I~
 
Ellen and I found matching green and rose-colored Fair Isle sweaters at a thrift shop last week, and when Tasha appeared wearing Fair Isle, I knew it was foreordained.  As Tasha and I practically share a brain, we weren't surprised a bit.  It's a regular occurrence, and we often end up wearing similar outfits, or even the same outfits, on the same day without planning to.  It's quite special:)
 
Fair Isle Sweater {Tiara Sweater Company, thrifted} Denim Half Circle Skirt {sewn by me}
And though not pictured, I also wore my beloved pink Carharrt coat and warm boots.
Stylish simplicity. . . creating a cozy, comfortable, yet classic ensemble. 
 
Happy Trails, Y'all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...