linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Monday, July 02, 2012

Schweitzer Mountain

Saturday, my family and some friends drove up to the Schweitzer Mountain Resort, where a free ski lift day was going on.
I have never been downhill skiing, though I've grown up practically in the shadow of this world-renowned ski resort.  I've also never ridden on the ski lift.  I was in for the thrill of my life!
Just the view from the resort parking lot was breathtaking.
 
Sunscreen!
Zooming along 20-40 feet in the air on the ten minute ride up the mountainside was sooo fabulous!  I'd ride this thing every week just for the view  - if I could afford it. :grin:
Though I was a bit afraid of loosing my shoes...
 
My home.
my wonderful mother
The awesome Bronze Age moccosians my bro designed and crafted.New summer bag - thrifted for five dollars!  It's simply perfect.

Lunch time leads to nap time
I am inspired that for hundreds of years, thousands, this majestic beauty has stood, indifferent to the upheaval and turmoil of a mad world.  
Yet in all of it's glory, it stands as a picture of a fallen world, an earth ripped apart and destroyed by a terrible torrent of water.
God's creation is a marvelous and awesome thing.
And on the trip down, I clutched my shoes in my lap and kicked my feet in ecstasy.
More pics here!

12 comments:

  1. Breathtaking!!!!!!!Stunningly beautiful! Amazing. What a ride up to the top! What a juxtaposition between green,yellow flowers and SNOW! Just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! The mountains look so wild and pretty! Such a vastly different landscape than around here. We mostly have corn fields and open spaces and more corn. :) It looks like you all had a wonderful time!! Have a lovely 4th of July!

    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kellie,
    Greetings!
    I recently ran across your wonderful blog and since these photos you posted are breathtaking and the photos I've seen of your town were so friendly looking I wondered if I might ask what the name of it is? (when I saw the Jo Ann's fabric store I knew I had to ask:)
    God bless!
    From:a skirt wearing,Scotland loving young lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idaho is such a beautiful place! So different then the dry, barren desert I live in. Your pictures are very artistic and inspiring!
    Happy Independence day!
    ~ Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many lovely pictures.... one better that the other.
    Like that self pic in front of the mirror.
    That moccasin is a great design and it looks comfortable on the feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh Kellie. :)
    Oh oh oh! :) My heart is overflowing! I LOOOOOVE Idaho! Aren't we blessed and privileged to live in SUCH a beautiful land? ♥ ♥ ♥
    With love in Christ,
    Emily Ruthann (@ emilytheindustrious.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop it. Your making me long to move to Idaho : )

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kellie, EXCELLENT post. I loved it. Your posts make me miss Idaho so much! (We used to live there, but we still visit) And your last post made me homesick for the lilacs. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures - your skills are improving and you take lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It is SO beautiful there! The landscape is just amazing, what a gorgeous place to live in! I'm shocked to see snow, its been so hot here I'd forgotten how it looked. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always, gorgeous, inspiring pix, lassie. I keep forgetting how beautiful North Idaho really is once you get away from the ugly roads and overcrowded subdivisions. :-P

    It's so funny to think of snow in June/July! And yay! Fawn Lilies!

    Does the resort have the free ski-lift day regularly through the Summer, or is it a one-day thing?

    I am so in love with that "castle." Wouldn't it be fun to go there in Medieval gowns and have a photo-shoot?? ;-)

    God bless,
    ~"Tom"~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am more than delighted to have stumbled across your blog via Heather's (see above)! It is so refreshing to see such a fresh, vibrant approach to life and your little corner of the world is most inspirational. So, with a joyful heart, I am now following you.

    Have a beautiful weekend.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing! Your pictures make me feel like I'm on the mountain! I do downhill skiing, and that looks like a spectacular place to ski.
    The glory of God's creation is breathtaking!
    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...