linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Announcing the 4th Annual Literary Heroine Blog Party!


You are cordially invited. . . 

To the Fourth annual Literary Heroine Blog Party!
~ February 16-28 ~

Are you enthralled with the charming stories of heroines of yesteryear? Do you thrill at the sight of a lovely, century-old book? Have you ever read a favorite novel up in the airy retreat of a graceful tree? Do you often catch yourself thinking of the inhabitants of Orchard House or Pemberley as not only very real, but intimate friends? If so, I hope you will plan on joining me for this exciting online party.

There will be, as always, an enormous giveaway, and this year I have several additional surprises in store... be watching my various social media platforms (find them all at the top of the sidebar), for updates.

Read all of the fabulous entries from years past!
2013
2012
2011
This has become such a fun tradition for me, as every year on my birthday the LHBP is posted and scores of lovely ladies around the world link up their entries to the blog party quiz.
Celebrating our shared passion for heroism, femininity, romance, classic literature, history, and friendship is near to my heart, and I've become acquainted with so many wonderful friends through this event.

The festivities begin on February Sixteenth, and will extend all the way to the end of the month.  Mark your calendars!

Please, take one of the event buttons below and put it on your blogs (linking to this post) - even do a post of your own about it if you feel so inclined. Assist me to spread the word of the party so that everyone has the opportunity to join in the fun! Let's make this the largest attendance yet.
I eagerly await the pleasure of your company!

(to take a button, right click or control/click the graphic of your choice and save it to your computer like any image)
-------------------------------------
--410px wide--


----------------------------------------------
---200px wide--
     
     


------------------------------------------------
--250px wide-- 
      

P.S. You don't need to, but if you like, leave a comment if you plan to attend!  That way we can get an idea of who will be there, and even make some new friends now. 

39 comments:

  1. I would love to participate, but between work and having a lack of literary heroines to write about (I have big aspirations to read lots of books, but sadly I don't get to that many) I'm not sure if I'll be able to join in. I look forward to visiting everyone who joins in, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited your site earlier today, and then I see this on Pinterest - I'm so happy you're doing this again! My post from last year still remains woefully unfinished, so I hope to do better this time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely be attending! This was so fun last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellie, I am so very excited about this and most certainly plan on attending!!! I originally found your blog through this party, so this another celebration for me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great February of reading and sharing! So fun to read all of the postings to get new perspectives on old classics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!! I can't wait!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I guess I'll try an join in the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fun! I'll attend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FANTASTIC!!! I was just thinking about your lovely event to-day and can't wait for it to begin. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! :) I can't wait for the sixteenth... see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to join.... Merry fromEachlittlebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be attending! I cannot wait. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hooray! (I know Natasha Marie just said that, but I had to say it, too. ;-)) I heard about this last year, but I wasn't yet blogging and I so hoped you'd be doing it again... Definitely (and very much looking forward) to participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved attending last year and will surely be participating again!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been waiting for this since last year's! I'll be attending!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait! I love this so much!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so disappointed that I missed it last year... I shall definitely have to look into it this February! Sounds so lovely.

    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looking forward to doing this!! It looked like so much fun last year but I wasn't blogging yet, now I can join!!

    lisezleslivres.blogspot.com
    janasfaith.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am looking forward to this. I enjoy seeing what people say even if I don't do it myself.:) Can't wait till the sixteenth!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh, I'm in!! SO enjoyed this last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad I've finished school so I can participate this year! :) Pardon the newcomer: do I answer all of the questions in one post on my blog on the 16th or one question/one post a day after the 16th?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post the questions/quiz and linky on the 16th, and you can answer all/any of the questions in your blog post and link that up at any time between the 16th and 28th of Feb. So glad you can join in!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for making it available! I can't wait!

      Delete
  22. Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! *BoingBoingBoing*

    (My inner Pixie is excited, can you tell? ;-) )

    I was just wondering the other day if you'd do this again this year! So glad to "hear" that the tradition will continue--it's a high point of February for me. :-)

    God bless,
    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to attend! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I going to try to participate in this! I'm not sure if I'll be able to post anything but the tag, but I will try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope to participate! Sounds fun! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sounds fun! I'd like to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't done this before, but it sounds really fun! Not sure how swamped I'll be at work, but I'll definitely make an effort to join in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi! I stumbled onto your blog tonight and looks like you have a lot of fun here. :) I, too, enjoy reading, sewing, cooking, and all sorts of those things. Does one need a blog of their own to participate in this literary event? I'm fairly new to all this social media stuff and so please pardon me if it is a silly question. Whether I can try to do it or not, I hope all you ladies have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! You will need a blog or page of some sort to like up your answers to - even a Google document would work. Not at all! I hope you can join<3

      Delete
  29. Thanks for hosting this event! I plan on attending!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! I found out about your blog through one of this event's buttons! I'm following and plan to attend this party! What a GREAT idea! I'm so excited! I'll be sure to let my followers know!:) Could you check out my blog? keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi! I'm a fan of reading and writing. But I don't quite understand what this event is about. Do I write about an old novel or what? Thanks,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Emily,
    There will be a literary-themed quiz posted here in the 16th, which you fill out on your own blog and link up here. That's it! There's also a giveaway to enter at the same time, and a few surprises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yay!!!! I plan on attending for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That sounds fun. I'm definitely going to attend

    ReplyDelete
  35. This looks like so much fun!! I would love so much to join if it is not to late. Love love love your blog Kellie!!!

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...