linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Durward + Hot Chocolate


Just sitting.  
10:00 in the evening - work done.  The world is still.  Fire blazing.  The rocking chair swings back and forth to the gentle rhythm of my foot.  Vintage Corelle tea cup filled with that most comforting and splendid of beverages, hot chocolate.

But waiting, just on the other side of that page, lies a world of intrigue, suspense, valor and honor.  Disguises, monarchs, a mysterious lute-playing damsel, and of course a hero in the bonnie Highland laddie.



Thank you for another wonderful evening, Sir Walter Scott!

6 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds ABSOLUTELY cozy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! I am definitely going to add Durward to my books 'to read' list! God bless and Happy reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! I was just thinking, I'd like to read a classic that I haven't read yet. I've both never read Quentin Durward, nor even heard of it. Score! :)

    Really, I am an abibliophobiac, and you helped me. I'm downloading the book right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Sir Walter Scott book of all-time! How lovely to be reading it for the first time with a cup of hot chocolate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds simply delightful! And sounds like a book I definitely need to add to my "to read someday" list!=)
    HTSYS!
    Love,
    ~me~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, everybody read Durward! You really can't go wrong with Sir Walter Scott... =) And Atlanta, thanks so much for the book recommendation in the first place - I've been waiting to get my hands on a copy since February.

    And hot chocolate just has a habit of making a good thing better, doesn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...