linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sewing, Brownies, and Holiday Inn + incredulity.

(My sisters, Michelle, and I...)

A wonderful day spent with my dear friend Michelle and her Mom, comprised of sewing (I'm finally getting to work on my 'Rowena' gown for Atlanta's HCIF... such fun!), baking and of course eating brownies, and thoroughly enjoying a bit of Holiday Inn.  

And just for the record, Fred Astaire is amazing.  Just sayin'.

Here's something else completely amazing that I wanted to share...
So, last night, I posted about my latest embroidery project.  I made a custom listing in my shop for the dishtowel set.  Clicked 'Publish'.  Then shut down the computer and played my accordion for about an hour.  
It's amazing what can happen when you just sit down and play one of those things.  Once I sneezed so hard while playing Old Joe Clark that my chin smashed into the top of the accordion and I believe I fractured it... but I digress.  This time, with Remo still strapped on, I took a quick glance at my email.

Then screamed.  And sat down on the floor.

For lo and behold, I had just sold another flour sack towel set.  I really could not believe my eyes for a good while, and when it sank in, there was nothing to do but start playing the Irish Washerwoman, Remo still so handily sitting in my lap.

What a pal.

It might not be a big deal to some Etsy sellers, but it sure meant a lot to me.  I am so encouraged to see business picking up, and I want to give a warm word of encouragement to all of you who might, like me, be trying to make a successful Etsy shop.  
Just keep going forward, give the very best that's in you, don't get discouraged, and sometimes it's good to just sit back and see what God can do.  

You'll be surprised.

12 comments:

  1. That my friend, I like to call a blessing! That is incredible Kellie, and I am so happy to see your shoppe growing!

    Have a great day,
    -Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lucky! :) I like to embroider too! Your dish towels were just lovely yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! And the photo's are really beatiful!

    God bless.

    Ine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was indeed a lovely afternoon :). And Fred Astaire is amazing :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred is totally amazing;)

    Wow! I'm so excited for you, dear=)

    See you soon:)
    Love,
    ~Tasha~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kellie, That's WONDERFUL! I totally understand that feeling - though it has been a while since I had an operating Etsy shop.

    You didn't tell me your accordion had a name - how neat! Where did the name originate?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your sales Kellie! Your dishcloths are so sweet. Love your whole shop btw... you are an amazing seamstress!

    Blessings,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas!
    Love your blog! i thought that you might be interested in joining my sister and me in our blog party of twelve days of christmas films!
    http://oldfashionedrose.blogspot.com/2011/12/twelve-days-of-christmas-films.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the sweet comments, girls!

    @ Chip, Remo is the brand name/model of my 120 button... you can see it printed on the accordion in the picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kellie! You crack me up. Next time you feel the urge to sneeze, please hurry up and put on Remo and set up the video camera before you let it out. I want to have that video to laugh at. Anyways, our internet is finally working well enough to look at your blog! Praise the Lord, saints! =D I'm wondering if you would assist me in a little project...I've been thinking about setting up an etsy for embroidery and such but I have no idea where to start. Since you've been in the business a while, I was wondering if you could help me. Thank you and I hope you had a Merry Christmas! See you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kellie - wow, I completely missed that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your etsy sale! I'm planning on opening my shop back up in February.

    You know Michelle Harned?! Wow. This world just gets smaller. Michelle lived here in Rockford probably 7 years ago. I haven't seen her in quite some time.

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...