linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A gingerbread sort of day

Yesterday was a gingerbread sort of day.

So we decided to make some!  The wonderful recipe is from Elise.  Probably would have been better if they were not (slightly) burnt, but at least we were having fun.  At any rate, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  The end.

I cut and iced.  And rolled.  (Also dropped an icing tip down the drain...)  Tasha gave excellent moral support.  Clara stuck raisins.  Then Ellen iced.  Lilly fed the animals for me.  Matilda did bits of everything.

And the icing hardened, and everyone thought they looked perfectly lovely.  (Poor Tasha had to leave before any were iced... here's what they turned out as, dear;)
They are not perfect from a magazine's standards, but every little thumbprint and smudge is marked with love.  And that makes them quite perfect to me.

 Cut out a cookie template from here.  We decided that he was just the right shape - neither too skinny (heaven forbid!), too dumpy, or too juvenile.  (Heaven forbid.)

Then we all watched Fiddler on the Roof as a family  Which is the perfect movie to watch on a gingerbread sort of day.

Right?  Of course right!

Have a wonderful weekend, all!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I just LOVE the smell and taste of Gingerbread... It just speaks WINTER... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! Those look delicious! I made gingerbread men a while ago for the first time, and they turned out great! Oh, and tomorrows theme for the Christmas link-up I'm doing is food, so you might consider entering you wonderful gingerbread. Just a thought... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! I love to see imperfect, made with love creations. I think it's great when Mom's and sisters let children cook and create as best they can. Not everything has to look like it came out of Martha Stewart's kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out lovely!
    What a wonderful afternoon we had=)

    Oh, I excel at supervising and moral support;D lol.

    Love,
    ~me~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet they tasted that much better, being made with love and all. Makes me want to make some on our end....

    LOVE your new banner!
    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmm....! they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...